A dead fox has been found in a snare in the Narberth area – with RSPCA Cymru suspecting illegal activity.
The animal welfare charity was contacted after a member of the public found the dead fox at a fence on farmland near the village of Llawhaden on Saturday 4 May.
RSPCA Cymru is opposed to the manufacture, sale and use of all snares or any trap which causes suffering. Snares are cruel and indiscriminate in what they catch – and … Continue reading…
Three dead foxes with their abdomens slit have been found in Chepstow, only a short distance from a separate pile of dead wild animals dumped earlier this year.
A dog walker made the shocking discovery on Wednesday (20 February), and contacted the local police, who enlisted the support of RSPCA Cymru. An urgent appeal for information has now been launched.
The three fox bodies – two male and one female – were found a short walk from Chepstow Garden Centre … Continue reading…
A lethargic Swansea gull has been rescued by the RSPCA after getting trapped between the city’s Metropole Chambers and a neighbouring bar.
RSPCA Cymru officers attended after the gull was spotted, unable to move in a gap approximately ten inches wide on Thursday (29 November), on Salubrious Passage in the South West Wales city.
The gap was at the second floor level of the two buildings, and the RSPCA needed to utilise ladders to access the gull. The rescue was … Continue reading…
An injured swan has been helped by the RSPCA, following a dramatic port rescue in Barry.
The animal welfare charity was contacted by Associated British Ports’ Barry Marine team, after the swan was spotted in the dock at Atlantic Way, with fishing lure attached to the wing.
Staff working on the ‘Peter the Great Boat’ at the port had been monitoring the troubled swan for some while.
The bird had been visiting the engine-less boat – which was dredging in … Continue reading…
Powys Council staff welcomed an unusual visitor to their offices at Welshpool Youth Centre on Tuesday (11 September) – with a polecat soon rescued and released by RSPCA staff!
The animal welfare charity was contacted after the shock discovery was made at the Centre, on Howell Drive.
Fortunately, the polecat was in good health – and was safely confined within a room at the council building, before being rescued by an RSPCA officer.
RSPCA inspector Phil Lewis safely collected the … Continue reading…