Three dead foxes with their abdomens slit have been found in Chepstow, only a short distance from a separate pile of dead wild animals dumped earlier this year.

A dog walker made the shocking discovery on Wednesday (20 February), and contacted the local police, who enlisted the support of RSPCA Cymru. An urgent appeal for information has now been launched.

The three fox bodies – two male and one female – were found a short walk from Chepstow Garden Centre … Continue reading…

A three-legged cat believed to have been poisoned was found on Wrexham Industrial Estate.

RSPCA Cymru was notified after the collapsed black and white adult cat was found by a passer-by on Wednesday (13 February), having a fit.

The animal welfare charity rushed the cat to a local independent veterinary practice – who sadly made the decision to put the cat to sleep to prevent further suffering. A microchip was not evident, meaning the RSPCA have – as of yet … Continue reading…

An RSPCA officer arrived to their van after tending to horse welfare issues – only to find their windscreen had been smashed in broad daylight.

RSPCA inspector Christine McNeil returned to her van on Wentloog Avenue in Cardiff, last Thursday (7 February), to find the act of vandalism had been committed. The windscreen was smashed between 5pm and 5.30pm.

The animal welfare charity say the incident underlines the “challenging, difficult conditions and circumstances” which they face while on the frontline … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru rushed to the aid of a cat stuck high up a tree in New Inn – only to find the animal was in fact … a snapped tree branch!

The animal welfare charity was contacted today (8 February) after a member of the public reported seeing a cat, approximately two-storeys from the ground up the tree, amid blustery, windy and potentially hazardous weather conditions. The sighting was made at woodland by Heol Madoc.

It was claimed that the … Continue reading…

Cat owners in Tonypandy have been warned to be vigilant following fears of a double cat poisoning in the local area.

Two male cats – named Albus and Tigger – had to be put to sleep on veterinary advice, after returning home on Wednesday morning (6 February) with symptoms consistent with poisoning.

Both cats were vomiting, and drinking a lot of water. They had very pale gums – and were wobbling when walking. Vets felt it was highly likely that … Continue reading…