A lethargic Swansea gull has been rescued by the RSPCA after getting trapped between the city’s Metropole Chambers and a neighbouring bar.
RSPCA Cymru officers attended after the gull was spotted, unable to move in a gap approximately ten inches wide on Thursday (29 November), on Salubrious Passage in the South West Wales city.
The gap was at the second floor level of the two buildings, and the RSPCA needed to utilise ladders to access the gull. The rescue was … Continue reading…
A Swansea bulldog has been rescued from a tight squeeze by the RSPCA – after she got stuck between a rock and a hard place!
The animal welfare charity was contacted after the adventurous dog got trapped in a back garden, between a wall and fence, on Heol Cleddau in Waunarlwydd last Tuesday (20 November).
An RSPCA animal collection officer (ACO) said Roxy – the bulldog – seemed “remarkably pleased with herself to have got into such a pickle!”
Footage … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru has received more than 150 calls in the last five years related to concern for animals and fireworks.
Between 2013 and 2017, the charity recieved 152 calls from across Wales from members of the public concerned that fireworks could be having a damaging impact on animal welfare.
The animal welfare charity is now bracing itself for more calls about animals negatively impacted by the entertainment explosives, as Wales prepares to celebrate Guy Fawkes Night.
RSPCA Cymru wants to … Continue reading…
A Swansea-based swan had a lucky escape after being freed from dangerous fishing litter by RSPCA officers.
The animal welfare charity was alerted after the swan was spotted with a fishing hook stuck through his beak in ponds at the Swansea Enterprise Park, known locally as the half-round ponds, near the Wyevale.
A kind-hearted member of the public had spotted the bird’s plight – and the RSPCA removed the fishing line and rig, before releasing the swan back to the … Continue reading…
A warning has been issued to cat owners in Cwmllynfell after vets confirmed the death of two cats in the local area was caused by anti-freeze poisoning.
RSPCA Cymru has now launched an appeal for information, and called for cat owners in the community to be vigilant and to know the symptoms of a suspected poisoning.
The animal welfare charity was alerted after two cats were found last week, not walking properly and appearing severely uncoordinated.
Fluffy, a brown and … Continue reading…