RSPCA Cymru worked with South Wales Fire & Rescue to save a cat trapped approximately 65-feet up a tree in the Swansea area.

The young cat, named Olly, had become stuck up the tree on 27 January, just a few doors down from the owner’s property, in Loughor.

RSPCA Cymru arrived to the garden of the Maes Yr Haf Place property, where the cat was found towards the top of the towering tree.

The RSPCA enlisted the support of the … Continue reading…

A puppy was found abandoned in the early hours of the morning on the doorstep of a member of the public who works closely with an RSPCA branch.

The person, who works with the RSPCA Llys Nini branch, found the helpless pup on their doorstep – in Swansea – at 5.30am in the morning on 29 January.

He was found with a distended stomach and an eye problem. The puppy was taken to a local veterinary practice, for initial care, … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is concerned after the body of a burned cat was found behind a block of flats in Swansea.

The charity is appealing to the public for information, after the body was found on Thursday 26 January.

Passers-by made the sad discovery behind the Pont Aur block of flats in Ystradgynlais, Swansea – with the circumstances as to how, or why, the cat was dumped in this way unclear.

It appears the body of the cat had been set … Continue reading…

Four tiny dead puppies have been found in a Salvation Army clothing bank in Bridgend.

The pups were found in the bank at a Co-op shop, at the Square, in Pencoed on Saturday 21 January, after being found by a member of the public.

RSPCA Cymru is urging anyone who may have any information about the incident to contact the charity.

It is unclear what breed the puppies are due to their tender age – and it is possible they … Continue reading…

Cat owners in Pontardawe have been urged to be cautious, following concerns of suspected cat poisoning incidents in the local area.

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a local resident – Muslimah Miah – recently lost her cat Lily, who was little over one-year-old. A toxicology report, from a local veterinary practice, confirmed the poisoning.

Miss Miah lost another cat to a poisoning 18 months ago, whilst a neighbour’s cat is also understood to have gone through the same … Continue reading…