A Llandudno resident had a s-s-s-s-urprise – after a stray, five-foot royal python paid him a visit as he painted a garden fence.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the snake was discovered at the Cwm Place property on Tuesday (May 7).
The snake – who appears in good health, with no visible injuries – was confined, and safely collected by the RSPCA soon afterwards and is now in the care of a specialist centre.
An appeal has now been launched … Continue reading…
An Ebbw Vale resident found an unexpected visitor at their home – after making the shock discovery of a three-foot snake in a kitchen gas meter.
RSPCA officers were alerted after the reptile – a kingsnake – was found in the gas meter of a flat on Mill Terrace in Cwm on Monday (4 June).
An animal collection officer attended the property to rescue the snake, who has now been transferred to a specialist centre in the West Midlands - … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru has issued a reminder about the challenges involved in looking after exotic pets, after the animal welfare charity rescued a snake that a member of the public found in Pontyclun.
The Honduran milk snake – who has been nicknamed Carlos – was found on a driveway on 13 March. The snake was then transferred to a local veterinary practice by the helpful member of the public.
Anyone with information as to why the snake was found alone in … Continue reading…
A member of the public in Bagillt had a shock after their door was knocked, and they were handed a poorly snake stuffed in a pillowcase.
The boa constrictor was dumped at the Neston View property yesterday evening (27 February), shortly after 6.30pm.
People at the household already kept a number of exotic pets – so it is believed the individual dropping off the snake was aware of this.
An RSPCA officer attended the property to collect a very lethargic, … Continue reading…
A dead royal python has been found in the Cwmbran area, with bruising on the head and body of the animal.
RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information after the discovery of a still, injured snake was made by a member of the public on 30 December, at Wool Pitch in the Greenmeadow area of the town.
An RSPCA officer collected the two-foot long snake; and veterinary examination sadly confirmed the animal was dead.
The royal python was found … Continue reading…