Staff at the RSPCA’s first in-store Adoption Centre at Pets at Home, Stockport are urging groups who are interested in learning about pet care to get in touch.

 

They have started to host pre-arranged visits from small groups of children and adults alike and are offering to go out and do talks at other venues too.

 

Anne Corbishley, who manages the Adoption Centre, said: “We’ve already had some interest and are hoping for a lot more.

 

“The … Continue reading…

“Spending the day on the front line with an inspector gave me an insight into how vital the RSPCA’s work is in helping animals who can’t help themselves”

Friday 26 July 2013

Welsh Conservative AM for North Wales, Mark Isherwood has spent the day on duty with an RSPCA Inspector in north Wales.

He joined Deputy Chief Inspector Rachael Davies on several calls and discovered the issues inspectors face when they go about their work on a daily basis.

Among … Continue reading…

Cat was disorientated and covered in maggots

Friday July 26 2013 

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information about a cat who was found wandering in an appalling state with two gunshot wounds in his head last night (Thursday 25 July).

A group of teenage boys called the RSPCA  after seeing the grey and white cat in a disorientated state near the river on the Blackwood Business Park in Pontllanfraith.

When RSPCA Inspector Gemma Black arrived she discovered that the young … Continue reading…

Two youths were seen throwing stones at the family of swans on River Ogmore

Thursday 25 July 2013

A cygnet has died after its leg was broken by a stone thrown by a young boy at Merthyr Mawr in Bridgend yesterday (Wednesday 24 July).

A member of the public called the RSPCA after witnessing two boys throwing stones at the cygnet and two adult swans as they swam on the River Ogmore at around 1545.

One of the stones directly … Continue reading…

Wednesday 24 July 2013

The RSPCA is appealing for information following the deaths of a number of cats from antifreeze poisoning in Pembrokeshire.

The latest cat to die was taken ill last Sunday in Trefin, Haverfordwest but died on Monday (22 July).

Following a post mortem examination Fishguards Vets confirmed the cat had milk and antifreeze in its stomach.  The vets practice also say this is the third death involving antifreeze poisoning they have seen in the last three months…. Continue reading…