The RSPCA is issuing a warning about the dangers of netting to wildlife after a terrified buck became entangled in some which had been left discarded.

 

A member of the public spotted the “distressed” deer with his head and antlers in a twisted tangle of plastic netting at the side of Castle Bytham Road in Swayfield, Lincolnshire, on Wednesday.

 

RSPCA Inspector Andy Bostock rushed to the scene to help the terrified animal which was running around in circles … Continue reading…

An RSPCA inspector became a real life Alice in Wonderland when she followed a rabbit into a drain in the Ringway area of Northampton on Tuesday (March 13).

Inspector Susan Haywood was called on Tuesday afternoon after a member of the public spotted the rabbit stuck amongst the rubbish six feet down.

Two teenagers then waited with the rabbit until the inspector was able to get there to carry out the rescue.

It took Inspector Haywood an hour and a … Continue reading…

The RSPCA were called after meows could be heard coming from the flooring of a partially-built house on a building site in Weldon, Corby on Sunday (February 25).

RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Sharon Knight went to the site, owned by Persimmon Homes, and could hear the cat.

ACO Knight attempted to leave some food for the cat and she made staff at the site aware of the situation. They halted work until first thing the following morning when they were … Continue reading…

A baby otter has been rescued by the RSPCA after he was found in a garden in Leighton Buzzard – half a kilometer away from the nearest river.

It’s not known how the otter managed to find his way to the garden, in Southcott Village, but when he was found on Tuesday evening (2 January) he looked disorientated.

Thankfully he was not injured, however due to him being so young he was taken to a wildlife hospital where he will … Continue reading…

A tawny owl who was left completely covered in soot after he got stuck inside a wood burner has been rescued by the RSPCA.

The bird was rescued by an RSPCA inspector after a concerned homeowner contacted the animal charity about the bird’s plight on Sunday evening (19 November).

Inspector Kate Parker went to the house in Criftins, in Ellesmere, Shropshire, to rescue the bird.

She said: “The owl was completely trapped inside the flue of the wood burner and … Continue reading…