A snake ‘wreaked havoc’ in a hotel room* in Doncaster on New Year’s Eve.
The RSPCA was called about the kingsnake – which is a species commonly kept as a pet – at about 6pm after someone had checked into the hotel, gone to their room and discovered the reptile.
RSPCA inspector Sara Jordan said: “Staff were alerted and went to the room, saw the snake, closed and put towels up against the door and promptly called us!
… Continue reading…
An Ebbw Vale resident found an unexpected visitor at their home – after making the shock discovery of a three-foot snake in a kitchen gas meter.
RSPCA officers were alerted after the reptile – a kingsnake – was found in the gas meter of a flat on Mill Terrace in Cwm on Monday (4 June).
An animal collection officer attended the property to rescue the snake, who has now been transferred to a specialist centre in the West Midlands - … Continue reading…
A snake which was rescued by RSPCA Cymru after being found in the sewage system at a Caernarfon Treatment Works has been reunited with her owner FOUR MONTHS after escaping.
RSPCA Cymru was contacted after the Carolina corn snake was found by unsuspected employees at the Dwr Cymru site in North Wales.
The snake was rescued by an RSPCA officer, with the assistance of staff at the Treatment Works, prompting a search for the owner.
Ms Rebecca Wood, from Llanllyfni … Continue reading…
A holidaymaker had a shock on their return from Thailand while unpacking their suitcase – when they came across a stowaway lizard which is a protected species in its homeland.
The six-inch lizard had burrowed themselves inside a suitcase of diving equipment, which was then transported 6,000 miles across the world by airplane.
RSPCA Animal Welfare Officer Steve Wickham collected the lizard from the holidaymakers’ home in Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire, and took it to a specialist reptile centre, where it was … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after an iguana was abandoned in a box in a Coventry park.
The reptile was collapsed in the box when he was found by a member of the public in Edgwick Park, in Cross Road, on Wednesday (22 February). Due to his collapsed state, it was initially thought that the iguana was dead.
He was collected by RSPCA inspector Georgia McCormick, and is now being cared for at private boarding which specialises in exotic … Continue reading…