RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information, following the death of a Church Village cat in suspicious circumstances.

The charity was alerted after a three-year old cat, named Vig, sadly passed away suddenly on Friday evening (15 September), having been seen vomiting. He was showing no ill effects before the incident.

It is feared Vig may have been poisoned, after another cat on the same street became unwell at the same time and is undergoing veterinary treatment.

Tortoiseshell Vig … Continue reading…

A warning has been issued to dog owners in Pontypridd, following reports to the RSPCA that meat with unidentified tablets was left out on a main road.

The charity was alerted after the meat – comprising of chicken and sausages – were spotted by a member of the public on Cardiff Road, in the Hawthorn area of the town on Monday (4 September).

Meat was scattered at intervals of 10 to 15 feet along the Hawthorn road, in an area … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru continues to take its campaigns roadshow across Wales, with the charity looking forward to chatting to residents at the Rhydyfelin Family Fun Day on Saturday (June 24).

They will be a stallholder at the event, which takes place at Rhydyfelin AFC on Cardiff Road, between noon and 4pm.

Members of the public will be invited to back key animal welfare campaigns at RSPCA Cymru’s stand, with the Fun Day event hosted by the Pontypridd Town Mayor.

Signatures will … Continue reading…

An appeal for information has been launched after a cat was shot in the Pontypridd area, with a pellet breaking the tabby’s femur.

The owner found her female cat – named Tauriel – injured in the Llantwit Fardre area on 2 June, having been missing for a few days. The shooting is believed to have happened on 1 June.

 Sadly, Tauriel had been shot in the right back leg, which had broken the femur. Veterinary inspection found that the cat … Continue reading…

07.06.13

Cat dies after being poisoned with anti-freeze in Pontypridd

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was fatally poisoned in Pontypridd. The cat returned to its home in Oak Street, Rhydefelin on Saturday 3 June in a critical condition. The owners took it to a veterinary surgery in Treforest where the vet confirmed the cat was suffering from antifreeze poisoning and put the animal to sleep.

The latest death follows a spate of similar poisonings in Caerphilly … Continue reading…