An RSPCA appeal has been launched after a Pontyclun cat lost his leg after being shot by a pellet gun.

The animal welfare charity was alerted after the black domestic cat – named Maunzi – returned to his home on Bridgend Road with a pellet in his leg.

Maunzi was taken to a local veterinary practice, where the pellet was removed. The cat’s leg later had to be amputated due to the extent of the injuries.

The initial incident took … Continue reading…

The importance of microchipping pets has been highlighted by RSPCA Cymru, after a cat missing for more than FOUR MONTHS was reunited with his owner in Pontyclun.

RSPCA Cymru was notified after a cat was seen limping on Ely Street in the town on 16 April.

The injured cat was confined by a member of the public, before an RSPCA officer attended the scene to collect the animal.

It was found the male cat, named Gwynno, was microchipped – and … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has issued a reminder about the challenges involved in looking after exotic pets, after the animal welfare charity rescued a snake that a member of the public found in Pontyclun.

The Honduran milk snake – who has been nicknamed Carlos – was found on a driveway on 13 March. The snake was then transferred to a local veterinary practice by the helpful member of the public.

Anyone with information as to why the snake was found alone in Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following reports of two fatal cat poisonings in the Pontyclun area of Rhondda Cynon Taf.

The RSPCA was called by a member of the public on 3 November, who had taken their seven-year-old cat, named Leia, to a local veterinary practice, who discovered traces of anti-freeze poisoning in her blood.

It is also understood that a neighbour’s cat also recently died, following a suspected poisoning, prompting the RSPCA to urge local cat owners to … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following a suspected cat poisoning in Pontyclun.

The cat, from Stuart Terrace, Talbot Green, and aged 8 to 10 months, was taken to the vets after its owner noticed it appeared disorientated, confused and unable to walk properly.

Sadly, the vet had to put the animal to sleep. Upon examination, it was found the cat had crystalised kidneys and glycol in its urine sample, which would prove consistent with anti-freeze poisoning.

RSPCA inspector Izzi … Continue reading…