An appeal for information has been launched by the RSPCA, following reports of two fatal anti-freeze cat poisonings in Tonypandy.

The charity has been alerted after two cats, from the Zion Terrace area of the town, had to be put to sleep on independent veterinary advice, having consumed anti-freeze.

Cat owners in the Tonypandy area have also been urged to be vigilant, understand the symptoms of poisoning, and what action they should take if the worst is feared.

George, a … Continue reading…

In the run-up to Easter, the RSPCA is warning pet-owners about the dangers of lilies – a popular flower at this time of year – following the deaths of two pet cats who ingested pollen from the flower.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by a heartbroken family in Wirral on Friday (7 April) after two of their cats became ill. Both cats were taken to a vet, however sadly they both died.

RSPCA inspector Anthony Joynes, who has spoken … Continue reading…

One cat has died, and another has been battling for his life, after being poisoned with anti-freeze in the Caerphilly area.

RSPCA Cymru is urging members of the public to come forward with any information to ascertain how the two cats, who are brothers, consumed the poison.

The devastated owner of the Corbett Grove, Caerphilly cats has no idea where the poisonous substance came from.  The first – named Oliver had to be put to sleep on veterinary advice, whilst … Continue reading…

​The RSPCA is urging pet-owners to be cautious after a cat died from eating slug pellets in Aylesbury.

The owner of the cat believes that her pet ingested the pellets near to her home in Webster Road on Wednesday 21 September. The cat was sadly put to sleep the following day as a result of the poisoning.

RSPCA inspector Lauren Bailey said: “This is a distressing incident which has left the cat’s owner devastated. This may have been a total … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after three cats died from antifreeze poisoning in the same area of Burntwood since the start of the year.

The cats – who all lived around Oak Lane in the Chase Terrace area – all died from kidney failure, with tests confirming that they ingested antifreeze. The third cat died earlier this month.

RSPCA inspector Kate Levesley said: “This is a very upsetting incident which has resulted in the deaths of three much-loved family … Continue reading…