The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat died from poisoning in Corby.

Mellow, a nine-year-old male tabby, died on Tuesday, 26 April after it was confirmed by a vet that he ingested antifreeze near his home in Sturminster Way.

His owner, Victoria Slater, took Mellow to the vets after he vomited and started stumbling around. Tests at the vets later confirmed that he had ingested antifreeze.

RSPCA inspector Clint Davies, who is investigating, said: “We would like to … Continue reading…

A Northamptonshire man who stabbed his dog in a park and left him for dead has been sent to jail and disqualified from keeping animals for life.

Steven Cook (DOB 01/07/1977), of Greenhill Crescent, Daventry, took three year-old shih tzu Ronnie to Spider Park, in Daventry, where he repeatedly stabbed him with a kitchen knife in the face, neck and body on 23 August last year.

Ronnie was found shortly afterwards by a member of the public, who took him … Continue reading…

A dog who is spending his second Christmas in the RSPCA’s care is looking to start afresh in 2016 with a new family.

Hooch is an 11-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier who came into the care of the RSPCA Northamptonshire Branch over a year ago after being attacked by another dog. Sadly, Hooch’s wounds required urgent veterinary attention and so he was signed over into RSPCA care.

Since then, he has come on leaps and bounds, walking brilliantly on the lead … Continue reading…

The RSPCA Northamptonshire branch is at crisis point as it struggles to cope with the numbers of dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals coming into its care.

The branch is now at breaking point as it struggles with higher than expected numbers – which results in increasing vet bills, boarding costs and food bills.

Branch manager Jacqui Kelly said: “We are struggling at the moment – we have so many more animals in our care than normal and we … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a kitten had to have her leg amputated after being shot by an air rifle.

Three-month-old Willow, pictured right, was found by her owner in Sturminster Way, Corby, on Friday (25 September) with a wound to her left front leg.

She was taken to the vets, where it was found that two pellets had caused the bones in her leg to shatter in such an extreme way that her leg had to be … Continue reading…