RSPCA Cymru has praised the “power of microchipping” after a 17-year-old cat was reunited with their owner, after being missing for two weeks.
The one-eyed cat had somehow moved an amazing six miles – having ventured from her Sully home to Barry.
RSPCA Cymru was contacted after the cat was found staggering in the Ewbank Close area of the Vale of Glamorgan town.
Fortunately, the cat was microchipped and the RSPCA was able to trace the owners, and return the … Continue reading…
Cat owners in Tonypandy have been warned to be vigilant following fears of a double cat poisoning in the local area.
Two male cats – named Albus and Tigger – had to be put to sleep on veterinary advice, after returning home on Wednesday morning (6 February) with symptoms consistent with poisoning.
Both cats were vomiting, and drinking a lot of water. They had very pale gums – and were wobbling when walking. Vets felt it was highly likely that … Continue reading…
The RSPCA and a tree surgeon teamed up last week to come to the aid of a tabby cat stuck 50-feet up a Llanrwst tree.
Animal welfare officers from the charity were notified after members of the public got in touch, and said the cat had been stuck in the tree for some four days.
RSPCA inspector Rachael Davies attended, and due to the great height the cat had reached, enlisted the support of a local tree surgeon from Nant … Continue reading…
A warning has been issued to cat owners in Cwmllynfell after vets confirmed the death of two cats in the local area was caused by anti-freeze poisoning.
RSPCA Cymru has now launched an appeal for information, and called for cat owners in the community to be vigilant and to know the symptoms of a suspected poisoning.
The animal welfare charity was alerted after two cats were found last week, not walking properly and appearing severely uncoordinated.
Fluffy, a brown and … Continue reading…