The RSPCA is appealing for information after the body of a dog was found in a shallow grave in Wirral.

The terrier-type dog was found by a member of the public on Thursday last week (2 February) in a field in Brimstage Lane. The body had been wrapped in a beige blanket, which had black paws printed on it.

RSPCA inspector Naomi Norris, who is investigating, said: “Someone had attempted to dig a hole for this dog but it was … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after the body of a shih tzu dog with a number of injuries was found in a bin in Birkenhead.

A member of the public found the female dog in their green bin at the front of their house in Eastview Close, in Prenton, on Tuesday afternoon (20 December).

The body was in a plastic bag which said “Do not open until Christmas Day” on the front. Also in the bag was a pink … Continue reading…

A rabbit which had been stolen in a suspected burglary was rescued by the RSPCA – from the roof of a two-storey building.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA after spotting the white rabbit on the roof of the house in Vanbrugh Road, in Anfield, Liverpool, on Monday morning (19 December).

RSPCA Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) Matt Brown and Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service worked in partnership to bring the rabbit down to safety.

However, AWO Brown said … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is investigating after a cat was shot in the neck with an air rifle in Liverpool.

Nine-year-old Polly had to have surgery after the pellet lodged in the vertebrae of her neck, in what could have been a fatal injury.

She was taken to Alder Vets, in Eaton Road, by her worried owners after she returned home walking abnormally on Wednesday last week (23 November).

RSPCA inspector Claire Fisher said: “Polly’s owners knew instantly something was wrong, and … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for people to come forward with information after a poorly puppy was dumped in St Helen’s.

The pomeranian puppy was handed in to the RSPCA after being found out in a car park on Monday, 12 September. He was immediately taken to a vets where he was being treated for symptoms of parvo – a virus which can be fatal to dogs.

Sadly, he died overnight after his condition deteriorated.

RSPCA inspector Helen Smith said: “This … Continue reading…