A snake ‘wreaked havoc’ in a hotel room* in Doncaster on New Year’s Eve. 

 

The RSPCA was called about the kingsnake – which is a species commonly kept as a pet – at about 6pm after someone had checked into the hotel, gone to their room and discovered the reptile.

RSPCA inspector Sara Jordan said: “Staff were alerted and went to the room, saw the snake, closed and put towels up against the door and promptly called us!

 … Continue reading…

An Ebbw Vale resident found an unexpected visitor at their home – after making the shock discovery of a three-foot snake in a kitchen gas meter.

RSPCA officers were alerted after the reptile – a kingsnake – was found in the gas meter of a flat on Mill Terrace in Cwm on Monday (4 June).

An animal collection officer attended the property to rescue the snake, who has now been transferred to a specialist centre in the West Midlands  - … Continue reading…