A gull had to be put to sleep after becoming horribly trapped on a chimney pot on Holywell’s High Street.

RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the gull was spotted by residents, with his leg trapped by the chimney pot. The bird was left hanging by his leg, and in excruciating pain.

The animal welfare charity teamed-up with Flintshire County Council’s street lighting team to rescue the gull in the incident on Tuesday (6 August).

Sadly, the bird’s injuries were so … Continue reading…

A fox trapped in a snare in Holywell has been rescued and released by RSPCA Cymru.

Following his rescue near Llanerch-Y-Mor in February, the male fox was taken to RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre for vet treatment.

After a successful period of rehabilitation rescuers released the fox back into the wild on Tuesday evening (6 March). Heartwarming video footage caught the moment the fox returned to the wild.

RSPCA inspector Jenny Anderton said: “The fox had become trapped on a … Continue reading…

A member of the public in Bagillt had a shock after their door was knocked, and they were handed a poorly snake stuffed in a pillowcase.

The boa constrictor was dumped at the Neston View property yesterday evening (27 February), shortly after 6.30pm.

People at the household already kept a number of exotic pets – so it is believed the individual dropping off the snake was aware of this.

An RSPCA officer attended the property to collect a very lethargic, … Continue reading…