An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid fears two cats from the same Risca home died as a result of anti-freeze poisoning.
Officers from the animal welfare charity were alerted after both cats – from Grove Road – were taken ill last Friday (25 May).
The two ginger cats, who are brothers, and named Simon and Garfunkel, appeared unwell and lethargic; with one visibly trembling.
Both were taken to a local veterinary practice, with the vet believing anti-freeze … Continue reading…
The dead body of a cat has been found in a green wheelie bin in the Newbridge area.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the body of a soaking wet, dead black and white cat was found alongside beer cans and faeces in a wheelie bin in the vicinity of Church Road and Thorne Avenue in the area.
The charity has urged anyone with information linked to the incident to contact their inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.
An RSPCA … Continue reading…
There’s no doubt that anyone who meets Roxy is going to fall head over heels in love with her.
Roxy, the brindle crossbreed dog who is around four-years-old, is currently awaiting her forever home at the RSPCA Newport Animal Centre.
Unfortunately, she is not enjoying her time in kennels and staff at the centre are keen to find her the perfect home as soon as possible.
Deborah Simmonds – at the RSPCA Cymru centre – said Roxy came into their … Continue reading…
He’s a true scaredy cat – but it’s not by his own admission.
Doyle was found at a multi-cat household in Cardiff, living in filthy conditions, and in the dark before he was taken into RSPCA Cymru care.
He’s now with RSPCA Newport Adoption Centre, which is based at Pets at Home at Mendalgief Retail Park, and they’re searching for a special home for him.
Rehoming coordinator Gaynor Smith said: “Our darling Doyle is quite a scared cat, so we … Continue reading…
A dead royal python has been found in the Cwmbran area, with bruising on the head and body of the animal.
RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information after the discovery of a still, injured snake was made by a member of the public on 30 December, at Wool Pitch in the Greenmeadow area of the town.
An RSPCA officer collected the two-foot long snake; and veterinary examination sadly confirmed the animal was dead.
The royal python was found … Continue reading…