RSPCA Cymru and the same team of Cardiff firefighters twice came to the aid of gulls stricken by guttering on Monday (20 July). 

The animal welfare charity was alerted after a gull chick was spotted stuck in the gutters of a supermarket in the Heath area of the city.

Animal collection officer (ACO) Fiona Thomas enlisted the help of the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service’s Ely White Watch, who were able to reach the gull utilising ladders – shortly … Continue reading…

A young gull has been rescued after becoming stuck in a tiny, narrow gap between two fences in Bridgend. 

Heart-warming video footage captures the moments the gull was rescued from the gap, and safely returned to the air from a nearby rooftop.

Rescuers from the RSPCA were notified after the distressed gull was spotted stuck in the gap at the Greenwood Close property on Monday 8 June.

The tiny gap was approximately 12 inches (30cm) wide and far too small … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal to the people of Prestatyn for information after concerns of multiple gull shootings in the same area. 

Three gulls have been found shot dead in the area of Marion Road, with the incidents spread out across late April and early May.

An RSPCA officer responded to the most recent incident on 3 May – with an examination of the gull’s dead body sadly confirming pellet gun injuries to the neck. The bird had fallen … Continue reading…

The dangers discarded litter poses to wildlife has again come under the spotlight, following the sad death of a gull in the Newport area.

RSPCA Cymru was contacted after the bird was found by a member of the public at Stow Hill in Newport on 27 September, with a severe leg injury caused by rope.

An RSPCA officer attended to find the twine-like rope tightly gripped around the gull’s legs. Sadly, there was little option but to put the gull … Continue reading…

A gull had to be put to sleep after becoming horribly trapped on a chimney pot on Holywell’s High Street.

RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the gull was spotted by residents, with his leg trapped by the chimney pot. The bird was left hanging by his leg, and in excruciating pain.

The animal welfare charity teamed-up with Flintshire County Council’s street lighting team to rescue the gull in the incident on Tuesday (6 August).

Sadly, the bird’s injuries were so … Continue reading…