A member of the public in Bagillt had a shock after their door was knocked, and they were handed a poorly snake stuffed in a pillowcase.
The boa constrictor was dumped at the Neston View property yesterday evening (27 February), shortly after 6.30pm.
People at the household already kept a number of exotic pets – so it is believed the individual dropping off the snake was aware of this.
An RSPCA officer attended the property to collect a very lethargic, … Continue reading…
Merthyr is set to become the only area in Wales where a council-ban on the release of sky lanterns is not in force.
RSPCA Cymru has long campaigned for a ban on the release of sky lanterns, which can have deadly consequences for pets, farm animals and wildlife.
Sky lanterns – which are lifted into the air via an open flame heat source – can be ingested by animals, or cause entanglement or entrapment. This can lead to unsuspecting animals … Continue reading…
A woman has been banned from keeping animals for 10 years, after abandoning a terrier dog and leaving him to starve to death at a Deeside property.
Debra Teresa Peet (d.o.b 24/10/1962), of Shotton, admitted causing the dog – named Benji – to suffer unnecessarily, with an RSPCA inspector expressing sadness at the “shocking disregard for a fellow living creature”.
Shocking images show the collapsed terrier dog, with bones visible across his skin. He had starved to death, falling amid … Continue reading…