RSPCA Cymru teamed-up with South Wales Fire & Rescue Service to tend to a gull who was horribly caught by a Newport television aerial.

Officers from the animal welfare charity were alerted after the troubled gull was spotted on Alma Street in Newport on Sunday (17 June).

An RSPCA animal collection officer attended the scene, and enlisted the support of firefighters after the gull was found to be hanging by his wing from the aerial.

Fire service personnel accessed the Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru teamed-up with firefighters from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service to save a distressed cat stuck on a Llanelli roof.

A resident of an adjacent care home spotted the cat atop the roof of a Clos Glanmor bungalow in the town.

The black and white domestic shorthair was stuck on the roof overnight between Wednesday 18, and Thursday 19 October – and, by the next morning, appeared lethargic, and upset.

RSPCA Cymru was notified on the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA has teamed up with Stanhope Park Vets and firefighters from Darlington Fire Station to urge people to think about animals as Bonfire Night draws near.

A photocall took place at Darlington Fire Station this week (Tuesday 24 October) to help promote the message.

RSPCA chief inspector Mark Gent said: “Fireworks are terrifying for animals, we all know that. Figures show nearly half of dogs show signs of anxiety when they hear them.

 

“Already this year we’ve heard … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru and South Wales Fire and Rescue Service have teamed-up to save a cat trapped up a Treorchy tree.

The charity was alerted after the male cat  – named Moritz – became trapped seven metres up a tree in the Blaenrhondda area, on 12 March.

RSPCA Cymru attended, and enlisted the support of the South Wales Fire & Rescue Service who used ladders to reach Moritz and bring him back to safety.

Moritz is now safely back with his … Continue reading…

A dog has been rescued after getting stuck in an electric reclining chair at a house in Swinton, Salford.

 

The RSPCA was called about the stricken pet Lhasa Apso, called ‘Cagney’, just before 10pm last night (Thursday 29 October), and animal welfare officer (AWO) David Hatton attended.

 

He said: “The dog had managed to get herself well and truly wedged in the chair.

 

“She was stuck head first in the mechanism, with just her back legs sticking … Continue reading…