A dog who escaped out of a window and got trapped between a conservatory and a brick wall after becoming spooked by fireworks is recovering after a three-hour operation to rescue her.

Taba was discovered tightly wedged head-first in a six-inch-wide gap in the back garden of a house in Oxhey Road, Watford, by a concerned woman on the evening of Saturday 4 November. She immediately called the RSPCA, and inspector Rachel Smith arrived within half an hour.

Despite Rachel’s … Continue reading…

A stag who had to be rescued after getting his antlers tangled in netting in Mansfield has been released back into the wild.

The RSPCA was contacted on Monday morning (6 Nov) after a concerned member of the public saw the stag in distress in a field in Jubilee Way North. Next to him was another stag who was dead after being strangled by the netting.

RSPCA inspector Keith Ellis attended and, with the help of Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru teamed-up with firefighters from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service to save a distressed cat stuck on a Llanelli roof.

A resident of an adjacent care home spotted the cat atop the roof of a Clos Glanmor bungalow in the town.

The black and white domestic shorthair was stuck on the roof overnight between Wednesday 18, and Thursday 19 October – and, by the next morning, appeared lethargic, and upset.

RSPCA Cymru was notified on the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA has teamed up with Stanhope Park Vets and firefighters from Darlington Fire Station to urge people to think about animals as Bonfire Night draws near.

A photocall took place at Darlington Fire Station this week (Tuesday 24 October) to help promote the message.

RSPCA chief inspector Mark Gent said: “Fireworks are terrifying for animals, we all know that. Figures show nearly half of dogs show signs of anxiety when they hear them.

 

“Already this year we’ve heard … Continue reading…

A dog was left looking sheepish after he got trapped down a disused badger sett – and had to be rescued by the RSPCA and Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Alvin, a nine-year-old Jack Russell terrier, was on a walk with his owner in woods behind Letchfield, in Ley Hill, Chesham, when he came across a hole in the ground.

When his owner Caron Cullen turned round, the pooch couldn’t be seen – but he could be heard whimpering.

Caron … Continue reading…