The RSPCA and a tree surgeon teamed up last week to come to the aid of a tabby cat stuck 50-feet up a Llanrwst tree.

Animal welfare officers from the charity were notified after members of the public got in touch, and said the cat had been stuck in the tree for some four days.

RSPCA inspector Rachael Davies attended, and due to the great height the cat had reached, enlisted the support of a local tree surgeon from Nant … Continue reading…

The RSPCA has launched an urgent search for the owner of a three-legged cat, found dumped in a recycling bin, covered with fleas and ticks, in Pontypool.

Charity staff were contacted when the cat was found in the South Wales town last Wednesday (14 November).

Shockingly, a member of the public reported finding the cat inside a recycling bin.

The cat is not microchipped – and has been in the RSPCA’s care since being collected from Pontypool.

Anyone with information … Continue reading…

An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid concerns a number of cats have been poisoned near Whitland. 

RSPCA officers have been contacted with reports that five cats have died in suspicious circumstances in the vicinity of Whitland and Lampeter Velfrey. The incidents happened on High Street.

 Three of the cats were owned by local resident Michelle Davies. All her cats faced similar symptoms – appearing lethargic, and – in some cases – had blood appearing from the mouth…. Continue reading…

A warning has been issued to cat owners in Cwmllynfell after vets confirmed the death of two cats in the local area was caused by anti-freeze poisoning.

RSPCA Cymru has now launched an appeal for information, and called for cat owners in the community to be vigilant and to know the symptoms of a suspected poisoning.

The animal welfare charity was alerted after two cats were found last week, not walking properly and appearing severely uncoordinated.

Fluffy, a brown and … Continue reading…

An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid fears two cats from the same Risca home died as a result of anti-freeze poisoning.

Officers from the animal welfare charity were alerted after both cats – from Grove Road – were taken ill last Friday (25 May).

The two ginger cats, who are brothers, and named Simon and Garfunkel, appeared unwell and lethargic; with one visibly trembling.

Both were taken to a local veterinary practice, with the vet believing anti-freeze … Continue reading…