A Cwmbran man has been disqualified from keeping any animal for five years after failing to provide urgent veterinary care for a Staffordshire bull terrier, who was riddled with fleas, had chronic ear disease and serious skin problems.
Philip James Ellis, 41, of Beaumaris Houses, Llanyravon, pleaded guilty to two Animal Welfare Act offences at Cwmbran Magistrates’ Court on Monday (7 January).
He was also fined £120 and told to pay £85 in costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
The … Continue reading…
A dead royal python has been found in the Cwmbran area, with bruising on the head and body of the animal.
RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information after the discovery of a still, injured snake was made by a member of the public on 30 December, at Wool Pitch in the Greenmeadow area of the town.
An RSPCA officer collected the two-foot long snake; and veterinary examination sadly confirmed the animal was dead.
The royal python was found … Continue reading…
An appeal for information has been launched, after claims members of the public in Cwmbran witnessed a man set his three dogs on a cat, who was killed by the incident.
RSPCA Cymru and Gwent Police are appealing for information, after the alleged incident took place on 3 July in the Fairwater area of the town.
It is claimed that a tall, thin white male, dressed entirely in black, was spotted setting three Jack Russell terrier dogs on a cat, … Continue reading…
Torfaen County Borough Council has become the latest Local Authority in Wales to implement a ban on the use of sky lanterns on their land.
After discussions with RSPCA Cymru, the Council has taken moves to ban the objects, which can have deadly consequences for animals and their welfare.
Torfaen are the 16th Council in Wales to take this action – meaning a complete ban across Wales’ Local Authority land is a step closer. Sky lanterns can be ingested by … Continue reading…