The RSPCA is appealing for information after three cats died from suspected poisoning in Wilmslow.
Mickey, Olli and Yoda all died between 23 June and 27 June after ingesting a toxic substance near to their neighbouring homes in Dairybrook Grove.
Tests at the vets showed that they had all ingested a toxic substance, although it is not known what the substance was.
RSPCA inspector Leanne Cragg, who is investigating, said: “At this stage we do not know if this is … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a pet-owner lost two cats to suspected poisoning on the same day in Northwich.
Smokey, aged eight, and Ozzy, aged eighteen months, died on Wednesday 15 June after they both suffered from symptoms consistent with ingesting a poisonous substance.
Their owner Victoria Gannon, of Wessex Drive, in Rudheath, said Smokey, a British blue crossbreed, first showed symptoms when he was sick. Victoria said: “Usually if Smokey is in the living room and someone … Continue reading…
An animal-themed “bake off” will be one of the highlights at an RSPCA centre’s summer fair next month.
The event will take place at the RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife and Cattery centre, in Nantwich, Cheshire, from 10am to 5pm on Sunday 3 July.
Other activities include a dog show, crafts, archery, tombola, food and entertainment. Visitors will also have the chance to get their dog microchipped.
As the fair is approaching, supporters are being asked to donate any unwanted items … Continue reading…
An elderly cat which went missing for a month from his home in Crewe has been reunited with his owner, thanks to the RSPCA.
Leo, a 14-year-old ginger cat, was diagnosed with dementia two years ago, which meant he did not go outside very often.
The RSPCA rescued him from a street not far from his home a month after he went missing – but as he was not microchipped, he could not be reunited with his owner.
He was … Continue reading…
A buzzard who got herself tangled 40ft up a tree was rescued in a joint operation between the RSPCA and Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A member of the public called the RSPCA after they spotted the buzzard tangled in the tree in Thornton Road, in Ellesmere Port, on Friday (29 April).
The Finnish Goshawk, owned by a member of the public, had broken free from her tether, which was still attached to her when she
flew away. The tether … Continue reading…