Two young kittens have come into the care of the RSPCA, after the deputy manager of Newport Animal Centre spotted the tiny cats dumped in a cat carrier in bushes outside the centre yesterday (5 July).
Kath Logan, the centre’s deputy manager, made the shock discovery between 5pm and 6pm.
The two kittens – one male and one female – were found bright and alert, and are both doing well in the RSPCA’s care. They are thought to be approximately … Continue reading…
An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched after a cat was found abandoned in a taped-up box on the Parc Nantgarw industrial estate.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after a member of the public found the male black and white cat in the box beside their car – on Heol Y Gamlas – overnight between Monday (14 May) and Tuesday (15 May).
The member of the public was working the night shift, suggesting an attempt may have been made to … Continue reading…
Two cats were left alone in a filthy Port Talbot property for two weeks – costing one his life – in a “shocking example” of animal neglect, with the defendant handed a suspended prison sentence.
Celia Hart, aged 54, of Geifr Road, Margam, Port Talbot, pleaded guilty to two Animal Welfare Act offences at Swansea Magistrates Court and was sentenced on Tuesday (24 April).
Her two cats – Domino and Moses – were left alone in the home, described by … Continue reading…
The dead body of a cat has been found in a green wheelie bin in the Newbridge area.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the body of a soaking wet, dead black and white cat was found alongside beer cans and faeces in a wheelie bin in the vicinity of Church Road and Thorne Avenue in the area.
The charity has urged anyone with information linked to the incident to contact their inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.
An RSPCA … Continue reading…
The RSPCA has issued a warning to pet owners not to ‘decorate’ their animals with accessories or jewellery after veterinary staff had to cut a bangle from a cat’s neck.
The UK’s largest and oldest animal welfare charity is urging pet owners not to dress their cats in any decorative items as they could be dangerous or cause injury.
The warning comes after an inspector came across a young cat with a metal bangle stuck around her neck.
Inspector Herchy … Continue reading…