Cat dies after being poisoned with anti-freeze in Pontypridd
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was fatally poisoned in Pontypridd. The cat returned to its home in Oak Street, Rhydefelin on Saturday 3 June in a critical condition. The owners took it to a veterinary surgery in Treforest where the vet confirmed the cat was suffering from antifreeze poisoning and put the animal to sleep.
The latest death follows a spate of similar poisonings in Caerphilly … Continue reading…
Take care where you place traps to catch rodents warns RSPCA Cymru after a cat in Hengoed walked into a rat trap.
The owner found the cat on Wednesday 29 May in a ditch in the village after she had being missing for nine hours. The trap was clamped to her foot and she was in obvious discomfort but the owner managed to release her safely.
RSPCA officer Selina Chan said:
“We understand that people need to lay these
… Continue reading…
Four newborn kittens have had a lucky escape after falling down the gap in a cavity wall in a bungalow in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex.
The owners of the bungalow, Sue and Brian Davie, alerted us after hearing the cries of the kittens. Their mother, a ginger cat later found to be almost blind, was located in the loft and it was clear that she had given birth but her offspring were nowhere to be seen.
RSPCA Inspector Sarah Elmy said:… Continue reading…
We’ve just learnt that the mother cat who seemed very stressed by the incident with her babies disappearing down the cavity wall is in fact almost blind.
She and her kittens are in foster care and as she had an upset tummy she was taken to a vet who examined her and realised that even though she is a young cat she has cataracts in both eyes and can only discern light and dark
RSPCA Inspector Sara Elmy who … Continue reading…
Four newborn kittens have had a lucky escape after falling down the gap in a cavity wall in a bungalow in Kirby Cross in Frinton-on-sea.
The owners of the bungalow, Sue and Brian Davie, alerted the RSPCA after hearing the cries of the kittens. Their ginger mother was located in the loft and it was clear that she had given birth but her offspring were nowhere to be seen.
RSPCA Inspector Sarah Elmy said:
“We could hear the kittens
… Continue reading…