Two cats have died in the Caerphilly area after being poisoned, RSPCA Cymru has learned.

An appeal for information has been launched by the charity after the two cats – named Louie and Scoob – were put to sleep on veterinary advice, with symptoms consistent with poisoning.

The cats lived on Stanley Street in the Senghenydd area.

Both poisonings took place on separate days, with Louie put to sleep on 3 April, and Scoob five days later. A vet found … Continue reading…

A warning has been issued by RSPCA Cymru in Holyhead, after six pets on the same road are believed to have been the victims of suspected poisonings.

It has been reported to the charity that, between three properties on Bryn Glas Road, five cats and a dog have been the victim of poisonings.

Reports were received by RSPCA Cymru on 12 March concerning the poisoning of a cat, who – sadly – had to be put to sleep due to … Continue reading…

Cat owners in Pontardawe have been urged to be cautious, following concerns of suspected cat poisoning incidents in the local area.

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a local resident – Muslimah Miah – recently lost her cat Lily, who was little over one-year-old. A toxicology report, from a local veterinary practice, confirmed the poisoning.

Miss Miah lost another cat to a poisoning 18 months ago, whilst a neighbour’s cat is also understood to have gone through the same … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information, following reports of pet poisonings in the Llandysul area, Ceredigion.

The charity is also urging cat owners to be cautious after two cats – named Pearly and Murray – were sadly put to sleep in October, after the owner’s vet confirmed they had been poisoned with ethylene glycol, the main ingredient in anti-freeze.

Following the reports, the RSPCA has been making enquiries locally, and are appealing to the public to come forward with any … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after two cats living on the same street died from suspected antifreeze poisoning on the same day.

Tests showed that Wendy, a black-and-white four-year-old, pictured left, ingested antifreeze, which led to her suffering kidney failure. Sissi, a black two-year-old cat, suffered similar symptoms. Both cats died on Wednesday 11 November, the day after they are thought to have ingested it.

Wendy’s owner, Lisa Pallin, said that she and Sissi’s owner, Sarah Foster, who both … Continue reading…