The RSPCA is appealing for information after three cats died from suspected poisoning in Wilmslow.

Mickey, Olli and Yoda all died between 23 June and 27 June after ingesting a toxic substance near to their neighbouring homes in Dairybrook Grove.

Tests at the vets showed that they had all ingested a toxic substance, although it is not known what the substance was.

RSPCA inspector Leanne Cragg, who is investigating, said: “At this stage we do not know if this is … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is investigating after a cat died from antifreeze poisoning in Wellingborough.

The four-year-old black-and-white male shorthair cat was found by his owner struggling for breath in a neighbour’s garden in Langham Road on Friday, 20 May.

He was immediately taken to a vets, where tests confirmed he had ingested antifreeze. Very sadly, his condition deteriorated and he was put to sleep by a vet to prevent further suffering.

RSPCA inspector Clint Davies said: “Losing a much-loved family pet … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after two cats died from poisoning in Smethwick – with another three cats in the area dying from suspected poisoning.

The cats, who lived in the Beechfield Road area, all died in March. Two of the deaths have been confirmed by a vet as being from ingesting a poisonous substance. The three cats who died from suspected poisoning had similar symptoms before they died.

RSPCA inspector Mike Scargill, who is investigating, said: “We are … Continue reading…

The RSPCA has issued a warning to people to be careful when using antifreeze after a cat in Swanwick died from ingesting it.

Genna Curtis, 28, of Broak Oak Close, Swanwick, said her two children – Faith, six, and Kennedy, four – have been left devastated by Tigger’s death at the end of November.

Tests have since proven that Tigger, a one-year-old male ginger tabby, ingested antifreeze shortly before he died.

Sadly, their neighbours’ cat also died two days later … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Mansfield died from anti-freeze poisoning.

Bo, a three-year-old female tabby, pictured right, died from kidney failure, which can be associated with ingestion of poisonous substances. A vet examination found that she had ingested anti-freeze.

Her owner, Kevin Willis, of Princess Avenue, in Forest Town, Mansfield, said she seemed lethargic on Friday (September 18). Mr Willis, 60, knew the symptoms of suspected poisonings after losing two cats to it last year … Continue reading…