An appeal for information has been launched by the RSPCA, following reports of two fatal anti-freeze cat poisonings in Tonypandy.

The charity has been alerted after two cats, from the Zion Terrace area of the town, had to be put to sleep on independent veterinary advice, having consumed anti-freeze.

Cat owners in the Tonypandy area have also been urged to be vigilant, understand the symptoms of poisoning, and what action they should take if the worst is feared.

George, a … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information, following reports that three cats from the same household have died as a consequence of suspected poisonings.

The three cats – named Squirt, Meow and Charlie, all lived on Elm Drive in Risca, and died between 17 April and 2 May.

Veterinary inspection confirmed that two of the three cat deaths were due to anti-freeze poisoning. RSPCA Cymru is urging anyone with any information to contact the charity, with calls to the … Continue reading…

An appeal for information has been launched, following the suspected poisoning of two cats in Porth.

RSPCA Cymru is also urging pet owners to be vigilant, after an owner – from Leslie Terrace in the town – lost both of her cats.

A local resident returned home on 28 January to find one of her cats dead, with veterinary inspection confirming her second cat had also been poisoned.

Following the incident, RSPCA Cymru is urging anyone with any information to … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following reports of two fatal cat poisonings in the Pontyclun area of Rhondda Cynon Taf.

The RSPCA was called by a member of the public on 3 November, who had taken their seven-year-old cat, named Leia, to a local veterinary practice, who discovered traces of anti-freeze poisoning in her blood.

It is also understood that a neighbour’s cat also recently died, following a suspected poisoning, prompting the RSPCA to urge local cat owners to … Continue reading…

​The RSPCA is urging pet-owners to be cautious after a cat died from eating slug pellets in Aylesbury.

The owner of the cat believes that her pet ingested the pellets near to her home in Webster Road on Wednesday 21 September. The cat was sadly put to sleep the following day as a result of the poisoning.

RSPCA inspector Lauren Bailey said: “This is a distressing incident which has left the cat’s owner devastated. This may have been a total … Continue reading…