An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid concerns a number of cats have been poisoned near Whitland. 

RSPCA officers have been contacted with reports that five cats have died in suspicious circumstances in the vicinity of Whitland and Lampeter Velfrey. The incidents happened on High Street.

 Three of the cats were owned by local resident Michelle Davies. All her cats faced similar symptoms – appearing lethargic, and – in some cases – had blood appearing from the mouth…. Continue reading…

A warning has been issued to cat owners in Cwmllynfell after vets confirmed the death of two cats in the local area was caused by anti-freeze poisoning.

RSPCA Cymru has now launched an appeal for information, and called for cat owners in the community to be vigilant and to know the symptoms of a suspected poisoning.

The animal welfare charity was alerted after two cats were found last week, not walking properly and appearing severely uncoordinated.

Fluffy, a brown and … Continue reading…

An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid fears two cats from the same Risca home died as a result of anti-freeze poisoning.

Officers from the animal welfare charity were alerted after both cats – from Grove Road – were taken ill last Friday (25 May).

The two ginger cats, who are brothers, and named Simon and Garfunkel, appeared unwell and lethargic; with one visibly trembling.

Both were taken to a local veterinary practice, with the vet believing anti-freeze … Continue reading…

An appeal for information in the Abertillery area has been launched, following reports to RSPCA Cymru that two cats from the same household died from anti-freeze poisoning.

The charity was contacted by a member of the public, living on Glandwr Street, who – tragically – has had two of her cats die within a matter of weeks.

Ms Danielle Welsh, owner of the cats, says she is “heartbroken” by the chain of events, and has urged the local community to … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has launched an appeal for information, following the death of a Church Village cat in suspicious circumstances.

The charity was alerted after a three-year old cat, named Vig, sadly passed away suddenly on Friday evening (15 September), having been seen vomiting. He was showing no ill effects before the incident.

It is feared Vig may have been poisoned, after another cat on the same street became unwell at the same time and is undergoing veterinary treatment.

Tortoiseshell Vig … Continue reading…