The dead body of a cat has been found in a green wheelie bin in the Newbridge area.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the body of a soaking wet, dead black and white cat was found alongside beer cans and faeces in a wheelie bin in the vicinity of Church Road and Thorne Avenue in the area.
The charity has urged anyone with information linked to the incident to contact their inspectorate appeal line on 0300 123 8018.
An RSPCA … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru received “deeply worrying” calls about distressed and unwell stray dogs on New Year’s Day in the Caerphilly County Borough area – which could be linked to the fear sparked by fireworks displays.
Officers were alerted to stray dogs found in Crumlin and New Tredegar, on New Year’s Day.
The charity fears that the straying may have been caused by the dogs being frightened by late-night fireworks as Wales celebrated the arrival of 2018.
In Trinant in Crumlin, a … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after three very young kittens were found abandoned in a box in a lane in Caerphilly.
The kittens, two of which are tabby and one black, were found by a member of the public on Friday (3 November), in the Ffordd Erw area of the South Wales town.
RSPCA Cymru is urging anyone with information about how the three kittens came to be abandoned in this way to contact the RSPCA’s inspectorate appeal line…. Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru has welcomed moves from Caerphilly County Borough Council to not ban dogs from marked sports pitches within the local area.
Previous plans from Caerphilly CBC had suggested that the local authority was considering excluding dogs from all marked sports pitches owned by the Council.
The previous plans had formed part of a proposed Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO), which RSPCA Cymru feared would remove appropriate, accessible spaces within the Caerphilly community for dogs to exercise.
RSPCA Cymru had … Continue reading…
Two cats have died in the Caerphilly area after being poisoned, RSPCA Cymru has learned.
An appeal for information has been launched by the charity after the two cats – named Louie and Scoob – were put to sleep on veterinary advice, with symptoms consistent with poisoning.
The cats lived on Stanley Street in the Senghenydd area.
Both poisonings took place on separate days, with Louie put to sleep on 3 April, and Scoob five days later. A vet found … Continue reading…