The RSPCA is appealing for information after a kitten wrapped in a blue jumper was dumped in a box in a Birmingham front garden.

The male black-and-white kitten, thought to be only a few weeks old, was found by a member of the public on Thursday evening (30 June) in Hall Road, Smethwick.

RSPCA inspector Boris Lasserre, who is investigating, said: “The member of the public who found the kitten thought at first that the box was rubbish, but then … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is urging people to put sports netting away this summer after a fox had to be rescued when he got tangled up in Birmingham.

RSPCA inspector Boris Lasserre rescued the cub from some football  netting in a garden in Highfield Road, in Hall Green, yesterday (29 June) morning.

The cub had got his two front paws tangled in the netting, leaving him with only his two back paws on the ground. The netting had also gone round his … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for people to come forward and offer a home to a dog found tethered in a Birmingham garden with a climbing hook through his neck.

Rex, a one-year-old Presa Canaria, came into the RSPCA’s care after he was rescued in Stechford on 15 October last year.

He was suffering from an infection after a Caribiner, a large hook with a spring-loaded clasp used in climbing, which was being used to tether him had gone through the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after the body of a dog with suspected stab wounds was found in Birmingham.

The seven-month-old brindle and white female Staffordshire bull terrier was found by members of the public on Saturday (9 April) in Walkers Heath Park, off Druids Lane, in Druids Heath.

On examination, she was found to have two suspected stab wounds to the chest and a fractured left hind leg. She was not microchipped and was not wearing a collar…. Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after two cats died from poisoning in Smethwick – with another three cats in the area dying from suspected poisoning.

The cats, who lived in the Beechfield Road area, all died in March. Two of the deaths have been confirmed by a vet as being from ingesting a poisonous substance. The three cats who died from suspected poisoning had similar symptoms before they died.

RSPCA inspector Mike Scargill, who is investigating, said: “We are … Continue reading…