A gull had to be put to sleep after becoming horribly trapped on a chimney pot on Holywell’s High Street.

RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the gull was spotted by residents, with his leg trapped by the chimney pot. The bird was left hanging by his leg, and in excruciating pain.

The animal welfare charity teamed-up with Flintshire County Council’s street lighting team to rescue the gull in the incident on Tuesday (6 August).

Sadly, the bird’s injuries were so … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has rescued a Manx shearwater, found lethargic and sitting in the middle of an Aberystwyth road.

The seabird was found in a disorientated state, and is thought to have been blown off course – with many of the birds seeking to migrate to South America at this time of year.

RSPCA Cymru rescued the bird, who is now at Gower Bird Hospital for rehabilitation, before an anticipated release back to the wild. The bird was collected by the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is warning about the dangers of glue traps after a robin had to be rescued when he got stuck on one in Luton.

The animal welfare charity was called on Thursday (18 August) after the robin was spotted on the trap in the garden of a house in Stoneygate Road.

Kate Wright, animal collection officer (ACO), attended the incident. She said: “The person who put the trap down was absolutely horrified. He had put it down because of … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is urging people to ensure their chimneys are not a hazard to wildlife after a pigeon was found dangling from his feet in a bricked-up fireplace – and is believed to have been stuck there for at least six days.

The bird had a lucky escape after we were contacted by the residents of a house in Elmbridge Road, in Birmingham on Saturday, 6 August, after they heard loud bangs from the wall of their living room. Thinking … Continue reading…

Cygnets_Herts_3

A group of recently-hatched young cygnets had a lucky escape this week (Wednesday 25 May) after they were rescued from a fast-flowing weir in Ware.

Staff from an office on Priory Street in Ware were concerned for the welfare of the baby swans after they saw them stuck in the weir located on the canal next to their offices and immediately reported the incident to the RSPCA.

There were seven cygnets in total that had gone over the edge and … Continue reading…