The RSPCA is appealing for information after a family of dead ducks were discovered in a bag in some bushes outside Asda in Colne, Lancashire.
The female mallard and nine ducklings were found in a black bin liner on Saturday 27 April.
It appears whatever happened to them happened two days earlier.
RSPCA Inspector Natalie Taylor said: “CCTV shows a lot of commotion – cars and people are seen stopping and congregating – on the Thursday afternoon … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a dead dog was found dumped in Selby, North Yorkshire.
The lurcher-type dog was discovered amongst fly-tipped rubbish on a track running parallel to the River Aire off the A19.
RSPCA inspector Thomas Hutton said: “The dog was inside a white builder’s sack and had tyres stacked on top of them.
“There were also a large amount of dog food tins, which could possibly have been dumped by the same person…. Continue reading…
The RSPCA has launched an investigation after a puppy was found ‘buried alive’ in a Leyland field in a ‘hideous act of cruelty’.
A dog walker was out on Saturday (27 April) training their working dogs when they made the shocking discovery.
RSPCA Inspector Alison Fletcher, who is now investigating, said: “When the dogs didn’t return their owner went to find them and realised they’d sniffed out a mound of disturbed earth in the middle of the field. … Continue reading…
An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched after the sudden death of a Kinmel Bay cat who vets believe may have been poisoned.
The 12-year-old male tabby cat – called Nala – suddenly became very poorly, and was passing blood in his urine within days. The cat’s condition continued to deteriorate in the days which followed, and sadly he was put to sleep on independent veterinary advice on Saturday 23 March.
Vets found the cat had succumbed to acute … Continue reading…
A much-loved cat has been put to sleep on humane grounds after being shot in York.
Biscuit, an eight-month-old ginger tom cat, was found severely injured in the garden of a neighbour’s house, a few doors from his home on Almsford Road, on Monday night (18 March).
He was rushed to a local vet practice where x-rays showed a metal air rifle pellet lodged in his spine. Paralysed from the hips down and in immense pain, the difficult … Continue reading…