The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Ambergate died after ingesting a “large amount” of antifreeze.

One-year-old family pet Lexi was rushed to a vet on 20 April after she collapsed. Sadly, she was so poorly that she was put to sleep.

Tests later confirmed that she had ingested antifreeze, and it is thought that she ingested the toxic substance near to her home in Moorlands Road around 24 hours before she died.

RSPCA inspector Sarah Gardner … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat died from suspected antifreeze poisoning in a Leicestershire village.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by the cat’s concerned owner after her pet died on Thursday last week (30 March).

A vet who examined the cat believed that the cat had suffered suspected antifreeze poisoning. It is believed the cat ingested the toxic substance near to their home in Hill Street, in Croft.

RSPCA inspector Allison North said: “This is a … Continue reading…

A man has been fined by the courts after he admitted leaving cat food laced with antifreeze in his front garden, which led to the death of a neighbour’s cat.

Stephen Welch (DOB 11/01/1958), of Snowshill Close, Daventry, appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (3 January), where he pleaded guilty to leaving out the antifreeze, under section 7 of the Animal Welfare Act, in a case brought by the RSPCA.

Magistrates fined him £746 and ordered him to pay … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after five cats living in the same area of a Leicestershire town died from antifreeze poisoning in the space of two weeks.

Tests confirmed that all five of the cats who lived on or near Victor Avenue, in Melton Mowbray, had ingested the toxic substance.

The most recent incident involved seven-month-old Meereen, who died on Monday (12 December). Her owner, Adria Pearce, said: “We are all absolutely devastated and I haven’t been able to … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after three cats died from antifreeze poisoning in the same area of Burntwood since the start of the year.

The cats – who all lived around Oak Lane in the Chase Terrace area – all died from kidney failure, with tests confirming that they ingested antifreeze. The third cat died earlier this month.

RSPCA inspector Kate Levesley said: “This is a very upsetting incident which has resulted in the deaths of three much-loved family … Continue reading…