The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat died from suspected antifreeze poisoning in a Leicestershire village.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by the cat’s concerned owner after her pet died on Thursday last week (30 March).

A vet who examined the cat believed that the cat had suffered suspected antifreeze poisoning. It is believed the cat ingested the toxic substance near to their home in Hill Street, in Croft.

RSPCA inspector Allison North said: “This is a … Continue reading…

A man has been fined by the courts after he admitted leaving cat food laced with antifreeze in his front garden, which led to the death of a neighbour’s cat.

Stephen Welch (DOB 11/01/1958), of Snowshill Close, Daventry, appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (3 January), where he pleaded guilty to leaving out the antifreeze, under section 7 of the Animal Welfare Act, in a case brought by the RSPCA.

Magistrates fined him £746 and ordered him to pay … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after five cats living in the same area of a Leicestershire town died from antifreeze poisoning in the space of two weeks.

Tests confirmed that all five of the cats who lived on or near Victor Avenue, in Melton Mowbray, had ingested the toxic substance.

The most recent incident involved seven-month-old Meereen, who died on Monday (12 December). Her owner, Adria Pearce, said: “We are all absolutely devastated and I haven’t been able to … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after three cats died from antifreeze poisoning in the same area of Burntwood since the start of the year.

The cats – who all lived around Oak Lane in the Chase Terrace area – all died from kidney failure, with tests confirming that they ingested antifreeze. The third cat died earlier this month.

RSPCA inspector Kate Levesley said: “This is a very upsetting incident which has resulted in the deaths of three much-loved family … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is investigating after a cat died from antifreeze poisoning in Wellingborough.

The four-year-old black-and-white male shorthair cat was found by his owner struggling for breath in a neighbour’s garden in Langham Road on Friday, 20 May.

He was immediately taken to a vets, where tests confirmed he had ingested antifreeze. Very sadly, his condition deteriorated and he was put to sleep by a vet to prevent further suffering.

RSPCA inspector Clint Davies said: “Losing a much-loved family pet … Continue reading…