A warning has been issued to cat owners in Cwmllynfell after vets confirmed the death of two cats in the local area was caused by anti-freeze poisoning.

RSPCA Cymru has now launched an appeal for information, and called for cat owners in the community to be vigilant and to know the symptoms of a suspected poisoning.

The animal welfare charity was alerted after two cats were found last week, not walking properly and appearing severely uncoordinated.

Fluffy, a brown and … Continue reading…

An RSPCA appeal for information has been launched amid fears two cats from the same Risca home died as a result of anti-freeze poisoning.

Officers from the animal welfare charity were alerted after both cats – from Grove Road – were taken ill last Friday (25 May).

The two ginger cats, who are brothers, and named Simon and Garfunkel, appeared unwell and lethargic; with one visibly trembling.

Both were taken to a local veterinary practice, with the vet believing anti-freeze … Continue reading…

An appeal for information in the Abertillery area has been launched, following reports to RSPCA Cymru that two cats from the same household died from anti-freeze poisoning.

The charity was contacted by a member of the public, living on Glandwr Street, who – tragically – has had two of her cats die within a matter of weeks.

Ms Danielle Welsh, owner of the cats, says she is “heartbroken” by the chain of events, and has urged the local community to … Continue reading…

An appeal for information has been launched by the RSPCA, following reports of two fatal anti-freeze cat poisonings in Tonypandy.

The charity has been alerted after two cats, from the Zion Terrace area of the town, had to be put to sleep on independent veterinary advice, having consumed anti-freeze.

Cat owners in the Tonypandy area have also been urged to be vigilant, understand the symptoms of poisoning, and what action they should take if the worst is feared.

George, a … Continue reading…

One cat has died, and another has been battling for his life, after being poisoned with anti-freeze in the Caerphilly area.

RSPCA Cymru is urging members of the public to come forward with any information to ascertain how the two cats, who are brothers, consumed the poison.

The devastated owner of the Corbett Grove, Caerphilly cats has no idea where the poisonous substance came from.  The first – named Oliver had to be put to sleep on veterinary advice, whilst … Continue reading…