Pets dumped in bins, boxes and buckets
The RSPCA have reported an alarming increase in animals being abandoned across England and Wales.
In the last year, we were called out to rescue more than 37,000 abandoned animals and received a call asking for help every 30 seconds.
Every year we see a sharp rise in abandonments at the height of summer. Evidence from us and other animal charities suggests some people chose to get rid of their pets rather … Continue reading…
We are appealing for information after a pony was found dumped with horrendous injuries in Winterbourne near Bristol.
Watson, as he was later named by HorseWorld, was found on 8 June in a field on Old Gloucester Road. He had horrific wounds on much of his body which appeared to be some kind of burns.
RSPCA Inspector Chris James attended and immediately called a vet and the police, who seized Watson. Inspector James also contacted HorseWorld who collected the … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was shot in Treorchy, sustaining serious injuries.
The incident happened in Miskin Street on Saturday 15 June. The male black and white five year old cat was shot twice in his mouth and left eye. As a result of the injuries sustained, the left eye had to be removed.
RSPCA Inspector Gemma Black said: “This was a very cruel and callous act, resulting in a debilitating injury to this defenceless creature. … Continue reading…
This year’s Appleby Horse Fair has been the most successful ever from an animal welfare point of view, with fewer incidents and fewer warnings than ever before.
It comes as the annual Gypsy and Traveller event, which started on Thursday, 6 June, ends for another year.
RSPCA Chief Inspector Rob Melloy said:
“We’ve seen a different fair this year, it has to be said. The atmosphere has been positive throughout, with a lot of people coming to speak to
… Continue reading…
Cat dies after being poisoned with anti-freeze in Pontypridd
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was fatally poisoned in Pontypridd. The cat returned to its home in Oak Street, Rhydefelin on Saturday 3 June in a critical condition. The owners took it to a veterinary surgery in Treforest where the vet confirmed the cat was suffering from antifreeze poisoning and put the animal to sleep.
The latest death follows a spate of similar poisonings in Caerphilly … Continue reading…