The RSPCA is appealing for information after the body of a dog was found in the River Thurne at Potter Heigham yesterday (Tuesday, 13 June) afternoon.
The dog was spotted by concerned members of the public who rushed into the river but sadly the adult German Shepherd was already dead.
The police were called, who then contacted the RSPCA who have launched an investigation into the death.
The dog was wearing a metal choker collar which was clipped to a … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a duck was shot in a canal in Chester.
The magpie duck was found injured at the side of the canal, by Telford’s Warehouse, on Sunday, 3 June. She was taken to the RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre, where sadly an x-ray showed an air rifle pellet in her neck.
Her injury was so severe that she was put to sleep to prevent further suffering.
Donna Boden, a member of the public who … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is renewing pleas for people to come forward after a dog’s body with a bag of cement around his neck was pulled out of a canal in Bootle.
The animal welfare charity issued an appeal for information after the body was found in a canal in Litherland Road on Saturday, 6 May. Tied around the dog’s neck with blue rope was a Head rucksack which was filled with the bags of cement.
Despite media coverage, no one came … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after four kittens aged just a day old were abandoned in a plastic bag in a country lane.
The kittens still had their umbilical cords attached when they were found, wriggling around inside a tied-up white carrier bag, on a footpath near to Uppingham Road, Corby, on Wednesday last week (24 May).
They are now being hand-reared by the family who found them, with the assistance of the RSPCA.
RSPCA inspector Sheona Morley said: … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat with severe burns on her back was abandoned outside a vets.
The female tabby cat was left at the front door of a vet practice in Wellington Road North, Stockport, on Friday 19 May. She was taken to the RSPCA’s Manchester Animal Hospital, however she was sadly put to sleep after her health deteriorated.
It is thought that the burns were caused by a toxic substance – potentially acid or strong … Continue reading…