The RSPCA is appealing for information after a swan was found peppered with air gun pellets in a Staffordshire town.

The swan was found by water in Cannock Road, Burntwood, with a hole in his neck, on Thursday 30 March. RSPCA inspector Rob Crutchley collected the bird and took him to the charity’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre, in Nantwich, Cheshire.

An x-ray showed that the swan had been shot 10 times with an air gun. Pellets were found in the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a pigeon was shot in Tamworth.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by a member of the public on Tuesday 14 February, after the wood pigeon was found in their garden in Dumolos Close struggling to fly.

The pigeon was taken to the RSPCA’s Birmingham Animal Hospital, where his wing was x-rayed. The x-ray showed two air gun pellets inside his body. Sadly, the pigeon was so poorly that he was put to … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat lost an eye after being shot with an air rifle.

Two-year-old Pemble was targeted on the afternoon of 22 December around Upper Harbury Street, in Burton-on-Trent. The air pellet went through her right eye, causing irreparable damage to the iris. As a result of the injury, her right eye was removed by a vet the next day.

RSPCA inspector Laura Bryant, who is investigating, said: “Pemble’s owner got a horrible shock … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat suffered fatal injuries from being shot with an air rifle in a Staffordshire village.

Two-year-old Monty died after a pellet went through his intestines, causing serious damage. He died in the early hours of Christmas Eve, just hours after he had been shot.

It is thought that he was shot in a wooded area between Cheadle Road and Hillside Road, in Cheddleton, near Leek, sometime on the 23 December.

It is … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is investigating after a cat was shot in the neck with an air rifle in Liverpool.

Nine-year-old Polly had to have surgery after the pellet lodged in the vertebrae of her neck, in what could have been a fatal injury.

She was taken to Alder Vets, in Eaton Road, by her worried owners after she returned home walking abnormally on Wednesday last week (23 November).

RSPCA inspector Claire Fisher said: “Polly’s owners knew instantly something was wrong, and … Continue reading…