The RSPCA is appealing for information after seven baby rabbits and two adult rabbits were dumped in a crate in a layby down a country lane.
They were found by a member of the public in a layby in Withy Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, in the early hours of Monday morning. Sadly, two of the baby rabbits died shortly after being found.
The seven surviving rabbits are now in the RSPCA’s care, where they are recovering from their ordeal.
RSPCA … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after six kittens were cramped into a cat carrier and abandoned in a Derbyshire street.
The kittens, aged around six weeks old, were found in Gate House, off Main Street, in Long Eaton – on the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire border – on Good Friday (14 April).
RSPCA inspector Dave McAdam said: “The kittens had been squashed into this cat carrier and were very distressed when they were discovered.
“It is appalling to think that … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is asking people to come forward with information after nine baby pet rats were dumped on a pile of sawdust at the side of a road in Buckinghamshire.
The rats, thought to be less than a couple of weeks old, were found on a grass verge in Fairmile, Aylesbury, on Wednesday (21 September).
RSPCA inspector Stephanie Law said that the rats’ chance of survival without their mum is very slim. She said: “They are so young and their … Continue reading…
Five kittens have been rescued by the RSPCA after they were dumped under a pile of rubbish in a skip in Luton.
The kittens, all tabbies aged around four weeks old, were found in a box in the skip at Shires Waste, in Toddington Road, by a member of staff working for the skip company on Thursday last week (15 September).
RSPCA inspector Mel Fisher said: “These kittens are very lucky to be alive, as the skips are usually tipped … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for people to come forward with information after a poorly puppy was dumped in St Helen’s.
The pomeranian puppy was handed in to the RSPCA after being found out in a car park on Monday, 12 September. He was immediately taken to a vets where he was being treated for symptoms of parvo – a virus which can be fatal to dogs.
Sadly, he died overnight after his condition deteriorated.
RSPCA inspector Helen Smith said: “This … Continue reading…