We’re appealing for information after a puppy was dumped on an Essex doorstep on the morning of Halloween.
The white, seven-week-old West Highland Terrier, who’s been named Tilly, was found soaking wet and shivering inside a taped-up cardboard box. She had been left by the door of a house in Badgers Mount, Orsett, Grays – probably overnight.
A passing neighbour spotted the box early on Friday, 31 October and went to investigate. They were shocked to find the tiny … Continue reading…
We assisted the fire brigade on Wednesday morning (5 November) when they rescued some newborn kittens. The kittens had got stuck down a drain in St John’s Avenue in Braintree, Essex.
The three black and white kittens, and one tabby, were less than a day old. It’s thought the mum gave birth to the kittens and they almost straight away fell down a four inch hole around a water pipe in the kitchen.
The fire service were called and … Continue reading…
On 16 May 2013, an RSPCA inspector responded to a call from a member of the public concerning ‘Claude’, an elderly cat belonging to Mr and Mrs Byrnes. Claude was removed from the family home and euthanased by a vet the following day against the wishes of Mr and Mrs Byrnes.
The RSPCA acknowledges that the way in which it intervened in taking Claude from his home and the subsequent treatment of Mr and Mrs Byrnes at that time was … Continue reading…
We’re pleased to announce the second international conference of dog population management, which will take place in Istanbul 2-5 March 2015.
Humane, effective and sustainable dog population management (DPM) is a challenge worldwide. Dogs play an important role as companion and work animals but are also a major source of concern for the transmission of rabies and other zoonoses and for attacks on people and livestock.
Improving dog welfare on a global scale
Building on the success of the … Continue reading…
Ziggy, the dog shot with a crossbow who warmed the hearts of the public, is on the road to recovery after narrowly escaping with his life.
The two-year-old Staffy was found with the 20 inch carbon fibre bolt going through his head a week ago today (Wednesday, 22 October) in remote woods near Wansford, Peterborough.
It was touch-and-go during the delicate operation to remove the bolt but vets were able to “slowly-slowly” pull it out. Incredibly, it had deflected … Continue reading…