The RSPCA is appealing for information after the body of a four-month-old puppy with injuries to his neck and leg was found in a communal bin in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
A member of the public made the shocking discovery, in Wilton Street, on Tuesday evening (12 December).
The body of the tan Staffordshire bull terrier-type dog, who had blood all over his neck and face, has now been removed by an RSPCA officer.
The dog wasn’t microchipped so the RSPCA has been … Continue reading…
The story of two kittens who survived cat flu – which killed their two siblings – will be told in the new Channel 5 show Jo Brand’s Cats and Kittens.
Billy and Bert were rescued by RSPCA inspector Herchy Boal after a member of the public contacted the animal charity when they found them in their garden with their stray mum.
When Herchy arrived at the house in Birmingham, one of the kittens was on the verge of death. … Continue reading…
An abused dog whose jaw was torn off after she was used for badger baiting is set to have a happy Christmas thanks to the RSPCA.
The brown Parson Russell terrier was discovered last Christmas wandering down a Walsall street with horrific facial injuries and taken to a vet who immediately called the animal welfare charity.
She had fresh wounds to her ears and part of her jaw was missing. The discovery of a radio transmitter collar confirmed the vet’s … Continue reading…
These two poorly kittens, pictured below, were abandoned in a plastic bag and left to die on disused wasteland in Birmingham.
The cats, who were struggling to breathe when they were found, were dumped alongside two newborn kittens – still with their umbilical cords attached – on land in Slade Road, Erdington, Birmingham, on Friday, 17 November.
Sadly, the two kittens suffering from cat flu – aged around eight weeks old – were too poorly to survive.
Now the RSPCA … Continue reading…
A tawny owl who was left completely covered in soot after he got stuck inside a wood burner has been rescued by the RSPCA.
The bird was rescued by an RSPCA inspector after a concerned homeowner contacted the animal charity about the bird’s plight on Sunday evening (19 November).
Inspector Kate Parker went to the house in Criftins, in Ellesmere, Shropshire, to rescue the bird.
She said: “The owl was completely trapped inside the flue of the wood burner and … Continue reading…