RSPCA Cymru rushed to the aid of a cat stuck high up a tree in New Inn – only to find the animal was in fact … a snapped tree branch!
The animal welfare charity was contacted today (8 February) after a member of the public reported seeing a cat, approximately two-storeys from the ground up the tree, amid blustery, windy and potentially hazardous weather conditions. The sighting was made at woodland by Heol Madoc.
It was claimed that the … Continue reading…
Cat owners in Tonypandy have been warned to be vigilant following fears of a double cat poisoning in the local area.
Two male cats – named Albus and Tigger – had to be put to sleep on veterinary advice, after returning home on Wednesday morning (6 February) with symptoms consistent with poisoning.
Both cats were vomiting, and drinking a lot of water. They had very pale gums – and were wobbling when walking. Vets felt it was highly likely that … Continue reading…
A four-foot long adult corn snake has been found lying on a Cyncoed wheelie bin in Cardiff.
The discovery was made in the central Cardiff area on Wednesday (6 February), and RSPCA Cymru were contacted to come to the rescue.
An appeal for information has now been launched in the hope of finding the owner.
The large patterned orange snake was taken into the care of the RSPCA, before being transferred to a specialist reptile centre in Dudley
It is … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru and the British Veterinary Association have again joined forces to renew their calls to repeal legal exemptions that permit animals to be slaughtered without pre-stunning, causing unnecessary pain and suffering.
The organisations want to see changes to legislation in Wales which currently allows non-stun slaughter for religious purposes.
However – it has also been described as “hugely encouraging and reassuring” that no non-stun slaughter is practiced currently in Wales. This was confirmed by the Welsh Government in November…. Continue reading…
A Conwy cat had an eventful trip to the bathroom – after getting stuck in a cavity wall behind a bath.
The poor grey, eight-year-old moggy – named Arthur – got himself completely trapped, and his owner couldn’t set him free despite removing bricks from the wall.
Sadly, Arthur’s awkward position meant it was impossible to get water to him – and urgent help was required from the RSPCA.
The incident took place on Tuesday (29 January).
Animal collection officer … Continue reading…