A tarantula has been rescued by the RSPCA – after being found in a BIN in a Nottingham park.
The white knee tarantula, which was the size of a hand, was cold and wet when RSPCA inspector Teresa Potter rescued the spider on Tuesday last week (24 April), after being found by a shocked dog-walker in Acorn Avenue, Giltbrook.
Inspector Potter said: “It’s rare that we get reports of tarantulas in public so as I was making my way there, … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a horse suffered severe chemical burns in what’s thought to have been a deliberate attack.
The filly – thought to be aged around eight months old – is being treated for injuries to her head, as well as lice, internal parasites and anaemia at a vet practice in North Yorkshire, after being found with the injuries in Clowne, Derbyshire.
RSPCA inspector Keith Ellis said: “The injuries sustained by this poor horse are … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a badger had to be rescued from a snare in Stockport.
A member of the public contacted the animal welfare charity after finding the animal trapped and in pain in Stockport, on 17 April.
An officer collected the badger and took him to the RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre, in Nantwich, Cheshire, where he was safely removed from the snare and examined for injuries.
The snare – which is made from wire and … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after an elderly blind and deaf dog was found in Grainthorpe, Lincolnshire on Easter Monday (2 April) in a very poor condition.
The small female white terrier was handed in to the dog warden, and the RSPCA was called the next day (3 April).
RSPCA inspector Laura Jones said: “This poor old lady was in a terrible state.
“She has a chronic skin condition with thickened skin, her ears were dirty … Continue reading…
An RSPCA officer had a surprise over the weekend when he attended a call to collect what he thought was a newt – but turned out to be a poisonous fire salamander.
The animal was found by a member of the public in a tupperware box in Woodbank Park, Stockport, on Sunday afternoon. (8 April)
When the call came in, animal welfare officer (AWO) Steve Wickham was sure it would turn out to be a harmless newt – but it … Continue reading…