The RSPCA is appealing for information after a puppy was found tied to a tree in a Buckinghamshire wood.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier, called Patch and thought to be around nine months’ old, was found by a member of the public tied to a tree in woods off Old Saw Mill Lane, in Amersham, on Thursday (24 September).

Patch, pictured right, is microchipped but the RSPCA has made contact with the person whose details are on the chip and they … Continue reading…

Clover 2

A dog that was rescued by the RSPCA after her muzzle was taped up so tight that she bled has been given a second chance for love by the vet who saved her life.

After being found subdued and suffering at an address near Faringdon, Clover, a young female whippet was rushed to Companion Care Vets for emergency treatment. It was here that her long journey to recovery would begin and where strong bonds would be built with the vet … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a kitten had to have her leg amputated after being shot by an air rifle.

Three-month-old Willow, pictured right, was found by her owner in Sturminster Way, Corby, on Friday (25 September) with a wound to her left front leg.

She was taken to the vets, where it was found that two pellets had caused the bones in her leg to shatter in such an extreme way that her leg had to be … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Mansfield died from anti-freeze poisoning.

Bo, a three-year-old female tabby, pictured right, died from kidney failure, which can be associated with ingestion of poisonous substances. A vet examination found that she had ingested anti-freeze.

Her owner, Kevin Willis, of Princess Avenue, in Forest Town, Mansfield, said she seemed lethargic on Friday (September 18). Mr Willis, 60, knew the symptoms of suspected poisonings after losing two cats to it last year … Continue reading…

A cygnet who had a small piece of metal lodged in his throat is expected to make a good recovery after being rescued by the RSPCA.

The RSPCA was called after members of the public saw the young swan struggling to swallow at Oundle Wharf in Station Road, Oundle, Northamptonshire.

RSPCA inspector Polly Underwood went to the incident on Sunday afternoon (20 September). She said: “When I caught him, I could immediately feel that there was something stuck in his … Continue reading…