A dog who escaped out of a window and got trapped between a conservatory and a brick wall after becoming spooked by fireworks is recovering after a three-hour operation to rescue her.

Taba was discovered tightly wedged head-first in a six-inch-wide gap in the back garden of a house in Oxhey Road, Watford, by a concerned woman on the evening of Saturday 4 November. She immediately called the RSPCA, and inspector Rachel Smith arrived within half an hour.

Despite Rachel’s … Continue reading…

A kitten who was rescued from a skip at a recycling centre in Leicester aged just six weeks old is looking for a new home after recovering from a serious leg injury.

Staff at Wastecycle, in Enderby Road Industrial Estate, Whetstone, contacted the RSPCA after finding the kitten among rubbish on 10 October.

The kitten had an injured and bleeding leg when she was found, and it was initially feared that she would need her leg amputating.

But RSPCA … Continue reading…

RSPCA staff are making a desperate plea to find poor Stanley, dubbed one of Britain’s most unwanted dogs, a loving new home.

This Saturday (Nov 11)  marks the heart-breaking 400th day that Stanley has been in RSPCA care, and as he is only two-years old,  it means that he has now spent more than half of his young life without a family.

Stanley’s story is even more heart-breaking given that he came to the RSPCA after he was found all … Continue reading…

A stag who had to be rescued after getting his antlers tangled in netting in Mansfield has been released back into the wild.

The RSPCA was contacted on Monday morning (6 Nov) after a concerned member of the public saw the stag in distress in a field in Jubilee Way North. Next to him was another stag who was dead after being strangled by the netting.

RSPCA inspector Keith Ellis attended and, with the help of Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue … Continue reading…

A couple rang the RSPCA to rescue a bat from a block of flats – after initially thinking someone was playing a Halloween trick on them!

The tiny pipistrelle bat gave the couple a fright when they spotted him in the corridor leading to their flat in Harris House, in Himalayan Way, Watford. They opened a window but the bat winged its way into a light shade on the wall – where he stayed put.

Concerned for the bat’s welfare, … Continue reading…