The RSPCA is appealing for information about an injured dog which was found in Chester on Christmas Eve.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier, thought to be aged around four, was found by a member of the public hobbling down Treborth Road, in Blacon with a swollen leg.

She is now being cared for at the RSPCA’s Greater Manchester Animal Hospital, where she has been named Holly.

RSPCA Inspector Naomi Norris said: “When Holly was found, she was unable to put any … Continue reading…

A dog who is spending his second Christmas in the RSPCA’s care is looking to start afresh in 2016 with a new family.

Hooch is an 11-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier who came into the care of the RSPCA Northamptonshire Branch over a year ago after being attacked by another dog. Sadly, Hooch’s wounds required urgent veterinary attention and so he was signed over into RSPCA care.

Since then, he has come on leaps and bounds, walking brilliantly on the lead … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was dumped in a bag near an abandoned warehouse in Stoke-on-Trent.

The black-and-white male cat – who has been given the festive name Mr Claus – was found by a member of the public in Boothen Old Road at 10.30am on Tuesday (15 Dec). He was found in a black holdall-type with a bowl of food.

RSPCA inspector Charlotte Melvin said: “We think Mr Claus is aged around one and he … Continue reading…

The RSPCA has issued a warning to people to be careful when using antifreeze after a cat in Swanwick died from ingesting it.

Genna Curtis, 28, of Broak Oak Close, Swanwick, said her two children – Faith, six, and Kennedy, four – have been left devastated by Tigger’s death at the end of November.

Tests have since proven that Tigger, a one-year-old male ginger tabby, ingested antifreeze shortly before he died.

Sadly, their neighbours’ cat also died two days later … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is urging people to dispose of fishing litter properly after a coot was found with a fishing line tangled tightly around his tongue.

The coot was taken into the RSPCA’s Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre, in Nantwich, Cheshire, on 8 December, from Tunstall Park, Staffordshire.

The vet team at Stapeley Grange anaesthetised him to remove the line and assess the damage, where it was found that the worst damage was to the base of his tongue, where the line … Continue reading…