The RSPCA is appealing for information after a dog died from suspected poisoning in Walsall.

The three-year-old male shih-tzu died on Tuesday, 14 June after his owner saw him having a fit at their home in Tamar Close after going out for a walk near to his home.

He was taken to the vets, where it was confirmed that he had ingested poison. Sadly, he died later that day. It has not been confirmed what sort of substance it was…. Continue reading…

The RSPCA is urging people to put sports netting away this summer after a fox had to be rescued when he got tangled up in Birmingham.

RSPCA inspector Boris Lasserre rescued the cub from some football  netting in a garden in Highfield Road, in Hall Green, yesterday (29 June) morning.

The cub had got his two front paws tangled in the netting, leaving him with only his two back paws on the ground. The netting had also gone round his … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a pet-owner lost two cats to suspected poisoning on the same day in Northwich.

Smokey, aged eight, and Ozzy, aged eighteen months, died on Wednesday 15 June after they both suffered from symptoms consistent with ingesting a poisonous substance.

Their owner Victoria Gannon, of Wessex Drive, in Rudheath, said Smokey, a British blue crossbreed, first showed symptoms when he was sick. Victoria said: “Usually if Smokey is in the living room and someone … Continue reading…

The RSPCA reunited a snake missing for three months with her owner – after she was spotted under the neighbour’s washing machine.

The animal welfare charity received a call from a surprised member of the public after they found the 3ft corn snake poking out from under his washing machine at 4am on Thursday (23 June).

When Animal Collection Officer (ACO) Kate Wright arrived at the block of flats – Ashwell Place, in Ashwell Street, Leighton Buzzard – the snake … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for people to come forward and offer a home to a dog found tethered in a Birmingham garden with a climbing hook through his neck.

Rex, a one-year-old Presa Canaria, came into the RSPCA’s care after he was rescued in Stechford on 15 October last year.

He was suffering from an infection after a Caribiner, a large hook with a spring-loaded clasp used in climbing, which was being used to tether him had gone through the … Continue reading…