The RSPCA is appealing for information after a puppy was found tied to a tree in a Buckinghamshire wood.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier, called Patch and thought to be around nine months’ old, was found by a member of the public tied to a tree in woods off Old Saw Mill Lane, in Amersham, on Thursday (24 September).

Patch, pictured right, is microchipped but the RSPCA has made contact with the person whose details are on the chip and they … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information about a cat who died after being attacked by three teenagers in Wolverhampton.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA after they saw the three youths kicking the black cat in Ivyhouse Lane, on the corner of Mount Pleasant Street, in Coseley, Wolverhampton, at 10.30pm on Friday (25 September).

The three youths – all thought to be aged between 13 and 15 – ran away as soon as they were approached by the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a piglet – thought to have been a pet pig who was dumped – was found on a busy roundabout at a junction on the M62.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA yesterday (Tues 29 Sept) morning after spotting the piglet on the roundabout at Junction 7 of the M62 at Rainhill, in Merseyside.

RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Derek Hampson said: “The roundabout has a lot of undergrowth and bushes and … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a kitten had to have her leg amputated after being shot by an air rifle.

Three-month-old Willow, pictured right, was found by her owner in Sturminster Way, Corby, on Friday (25 September) with a wound to her left front leg.

She was taken to the vets, where it was found that two pellets had caused the bones in her leg to shatter in such an extreme way that her leg had to be … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Mansfield died from anti-freeze poisoning.

Bo, a three-year-old female tabby, pictured right, died from kidney failure, which can be associated with ingestion of poisonous substances. A vet examination found that she had ingested anti-freeze.

Her owner, Kevin Willis, of Princess Avenue, in Forest Town, Mansfield, said she seemed lethargic on Friday (September 18). Mr Willis, 60, knew the symptoms of suspected poisonings after losing two cats to it last year … Continue reading…